Sunday, March 01, 2009

Passed out

Doing slightly better today in the sense that I'm now able to keep fluids down, which is a start. Although last night I got to experience the joy that is passing out. I woke up around midnight, knew something was wrong because I was cold and sweating and tried to make it to the bathroom. Next thing I know Cathy has a cold cloth on the back of my neck and is asking me if I'm all right.

On the upside, I miraculously managed to not do any serious damage other than a bump on my head. Then again, I was told by someone at Canadian Blood Services many years ago that I'm very graceful when I pass out.

Yes, this isn't the first time I've passed out. Not exactly something I'm happy about, but it has happened. I think the first time was when I was 12 and got heat stroke in Florida. The last time was, I think, back in 2005. We were coming back from the Dominican Republic and I think the combination of heat and the very small seats cut off the flow of blood to the brain or something.

And then there was that time at King's where I managed to pass out twice in one evening. That was a fun night.

None of these cases have been alcohol related, though. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Anyway, last night was an adventure. Hopefully I'm on the mend, but I doubt if I'm going to have the strength to go to work tomorrow. I haven't eaten anything except for some crackers a piece of toast since Friday. This blog post has taken me the better part of two hours to write because I can't concentrate.

And yes, I know, the blog header needs to be changed. Hopefully tomorrow...

Last Five
1. The river driver - Great Big Sea
2. Let the ass bray (live) - Spirit of the West*
3. If I had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies
4. You wouldn't like me - Tegan and Sara
5. Live and let die - Guns 'n Roses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Get better dude.