Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boo update, part 1

So Boo is making progress according to the update from the vet this morning around 9:30 am. On the upside he woke up this morning and hadn't thrown-up or had any diarrhea. He appears a bit stronger and the IV drip seems to be helping with that. On the downside, he still has no interest in food, but the vet thinks it just might be too soon for food for him.

They still have him on antibiotics and are giving him something to coat his stomach in case it's still upset from all the vomiting (bragging points to you, Mr. Anonymous, on calling for some Pepto). They're still going to keep him for a few more days, at least until he starts eating normally again. No sense on rushing him back up here only for him to have more problems.

So, knock on wood, he seems to be doing all right and will hopefully be back by the end of the week. Which, now that I think about it, is pretty much all I want for my birthday this year. I always joked that Boo was Cathy's dog and one day I would get myself a nice Labrador Retriever or something.

But yeah, after the past two years or so, I've grown pretty attached to the bouncy white ball of fluff. It'll be good to have him home.

Last Five
1. No self control (live) - Peter Gabriel
2. Come pick me up - Ryan Adams*
3. Trouble sleeping - Corinne Bailey Rae
4. The old main drag - The Pogues
5. Away - Jenny Gear and the Whiskey Kittens

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I hope Boo is feeling good and back home in no time. And you mentioned your birthday but not sure when it is.

Please pick one:
Happy belated birthday!
Happy birthday!
Happy early birthday!

Trace said...

Glad to hear Boo is starting to feel better. There's nothing like a scare to make you realize how much you care for someone or thing. I bet he will be happy to be home soon with his family.