Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Waiting for something to happen

I got nothing, kids. There's been noting much happening at the chateau the past few days. Cathy's resisting the urge to kill me as I begin the countdown to my New York trip and my ritual chanting that there is no blizzard that cancels my flight out. And there's been nothing in the news that's really caught my eye enough to get me interested in writing about it.

Not even the bombshell about the Siegel family regaining 50% of the copyright on Superman hasn't gotten me fired up enough to really comment on it. That's probably because (and I'm sorry about this Colette) copyright law puts me into a warm, fuzzy coma. I know it's important, but I just can't get worked up a lot about it. Especially since it's going to get appealed from now until infinity. And that while it might mean finally some money and respect for the family, I doubt it will impact the average fan all that much.

If you're curious about some of the reaction to the ruling, go here. It's a nice collection of links to different sites which try to break it down into nice and clear language as to what the ruling means.

And just because I liked them, two images that caught my eye in recent days.

First, Calvin and Hobbes, as reimagined by Nina Matsumoto.


John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes by ~spacecoyote on deviantART

And for those who are fans of Watchmen, considered by some to be the greatest graphic novel ever, here's a Peanuts version of it by Evan Shaner.



And that's all I've got for now. Hopefully something will inspire me in the next day or so.

Last Five
1. Sunday mornings - Maroon 5
2. U-mass - Pixies
3. You will always be the same - Ryan Adams*
4. The ballad of the dime store greaser (live) - Blue Rodeo
5. I will not go quietly - Don Henley

No comments: