Sunday, April 06, 2008

Saturday photos on Sunday night

It was actually a pretty nice weekend around town. The temperatures were at unseasonable levels on Saturday. And by unseasonable I mean above 0C. I'm trying to remember the last time it was that warm in town. It might have been September or October. So the option of wandering around outside without the BFC (Big Fucking Coat) and just having on a fleece was really nice.

Boo was pretty happy as well, as for the first time in about six months he was able to run around outside without boots and a coat on. Of course, there were risks other than frostbite when we had him out. We went down by the edge of the ice in the bay and there were more skidoos zipping by than cars on the 401 at rush hour (I exaggerate, but not by much).

Anyway, a few pictures of our adventures out on a walk yesterday. Besides, I thought some of you might find it interesting to see how much the little bugger blends into the landscape when he doesn't have a bright red coat on.



See, he blends.



I fooled around a bit with this one and leached out most of the colour. But still, even close up you can see how much he tends to blend in.



I like this one. It almost looks like he's guarding his cave or something.



Boo desperately wanted to go over and see this dog, but we didn't think it would be safe. I always feel bad for dogs on a leash this short.



I just like the framing of this shot.



I'm beginning to seriously think that ravens are the hardest thing to photograph in Nunavut. It's like the lens slides right off of them. It's nearly impossible to get a shot of them that shows any detail.



After a long day of running through snow banks, across ice and then getting a bath, a dog can be pretty tired.

Last Five
1. Under the weather - KT Tunstall
2. Down on rodeo - Lindsey Buckingham
3. Yesterdays - Guns 'n Roses
4. Bad (live) - U2*
5. Greensleeves - John Coltrane

2 comments:

Megan said...

Reminds me of the Cute With Chris "Blender Pets": http://www.cutewithchris.com/blender_pets/index.html

Are you a fellow Lindsey Buckingham fan?

towniebastard said...

I've been a Fleetwood Mac fan for years and I have to admit his last solo record was pretty good once I gave it a chance. "Down on rodeo" is probably my favourite song of the record. I would have asterixed it as the best of the last five, but really, I had "Bad" by U2 in there. The live version. So I'm not crazy.

And I'll check out the website. Thanks....