Monday, November 26, 2007

In it now

So I guess there is no longer any ducking of the Christmas season. I was driving into work today and there was this hideous Christmas song on Raven Rock by Randy Bachman sung to the tune of 'Taking Care of Business" called "Taking Care of Christmas." It was one of those songs so horrific that it makes you repeatedly stab at the radio wildly to make it go away. It's a wonder I didn't run anyone over. I normally don't bother with the iPod while driving because it's a fairly short ride to work. But if there is the risk I'm going to hear that song again, I might have to make an exception.

Also today, the first of our Christmas packages arrived from our parents, which was a good thing and nicely compensated for the horror on the radio. And this evening I was helping Cathy with music for her Christmas show, which is only a couple of weeks away. Cathy's deciding to go with a tropical theme. So I've been hunting for tropical Christmas songs, and we've found one Hawaiian one, and an Australian one. So it ought to be an interesting Christmas concert. Cathy always tries to come up with something a bit different each year. Last year she did a Spanish themed one.

So yeah, we're in it now. My office is decorated, the Christmas party is coming up, music on the radio, packages arriving, Christmas concerts being planned. It's not that I'm a scrooge about Christmas, I just like to wait until December before I get into it. I can't remember the last time I succeeded, but I always try anyway.

Last Five
1. Death of an interior decorator - Death Cab For Cutie
2. American Roulette - Robbie Robertson
3. At midnight I will kill - Patton Oswalt (comedy)
4. Chocolate Jesus (Live) - Tom Waits*
5. Pink chandelier - Nellie McKay

No comments: