Thursday, May 10, 2007

Back on Mars

Well, this is promising news. Even though the ratings since the show came back after a hiatus for the brain destroying “Search for the Next Pussycat Doll” were terrible (I think less than three million people were watching), this story says it looks likely the show will be renewed, but with a different format. The show will leap ahead several years with Veronica in the FBI Academy, which sounds like it could be potentially quite interesting.

One of the factors for the show being picked up, apparently, are the mercy killings of “7th Heaven” and “Gilmore Girls”. The CW Network now has big gaping holes to fill in its line-up and a quality show like Veronica Mars will apparently do the trick.

Myself and Cathy consider Veronica Mars to be probably one of the few great shows on TV right now. I include House in that list. Cathy picks Grey’s Anatomy, however she rarely watches it these days because the commercials drive her nuts. So I’m glad to see it looking positive for its renewal.

No word on when season 3 will be out on DVD, but I imagine it will be around the end of August, just in time for the fourth season.

Oh, and just because I'm talking about a show with mainstream appeal, but seemed like it was, at the start, directed at teenage girl, an update on my weight for those who think the blog feels like it is written by one sometimes. As of this morning I'm 229.6 pounds. So hopefully have broken the psychological 230 barrier I will stay on this side of it for a good long time.

No comments: