Saturday, May 26, 2007

Around the shore

After a few days hovering around -20 the weather finally became a touch more spring-like today. So rather than spend the day couped up in the apartment, we decided to take a stroll around town and do some window shopping. I was kind of hoping I might spot something nice for my dad for Father's Day. Something really nice would mean being able to roll Father's Day and his birthday into one.

Which might sound cheap or lazy, but really, my folks need so little. And what they might they would freak out if I bought it for them. I've been begging my dad to get a computer. Have offered to buy one for him. Won't let me.

Anyway, I have some time before I officially freak out over what to get him.

I thought I would put up a few pictures of our adventures today. The warmth also meant I could take pictures without worrying about the camera or losing fingers to frostbite. So here are a few pics of our walk along the Iqaluit shoreline today.

At some point I'll start putting more pics up on Flickr and Facebook. It's been an age since I did that, especially on Flickr.


It'll be another 4-6 weeks before these boats will get out on the water.



In the meantime, there's no shortage of ski-doos still being used, even though it's the end of May.


Of course, trying to get out on the sea ice can be a challenge. Sometimes you have to navigate through the peaks of ice.



You know, that's one pretty dirty polar bear, even if he is dead.



Heading out for an afternoon jaunt.



A komitk waiting to be towed.



More boats along the shoreline.

No comments: