Monday, March 26, 2007

One last word...

A lot of traffic through the blog today with a good chunk of it coming from Geoff's blog, but it also appears that a few people have been e-mail a link to the blog post as well. Gotta love Statcounter for this kind of thing. Unsurprisingly, more than a few people with IPs from Transcontinental have landed her in the last 24 hours as well.

Geoff expressed some surprise that I didn't go all apocalyptic on the news of the closure of the Express. But really, I've made my peace with this happening for quite some time. It's not like the writing wasn't on the wall for months. I was curious if The Express was going to be the first to fall, or was The Independent, Current or Scope going to go first. Because there are a lot of papers being published in town right now. Odds are there were going to be casualties.

That doesn't change my mind, though, that the paper should have been able to make it. That I don't believe Transcon when they say they did everything they could to make the paper work. At best the paper was treated with the indifference you have of a small fish in a big company like Transcon. It also doesn't help when you have your former competition in senior management positions running the show.

But that's probably just me being paranoid.

Anyway, it's in the past now. It's a dead paper and won't be coming back so there's little sense dwelling on it. I guess Transcon will just have to find something else to hold all their fliers on Thursdays...

No comments: