Monday, January 15, 2007

Weigh-in: Week 1

So we have our first weigh-in which, just for the record, is pretty well meaningless. Previous to this evening the last time I stepped on a scale would have been Christmas Day shortly after eating a massive turkey dinner. So three weeks later I've stepped on a scale again. The real test will be to see how I'm doing next week. To see if I keep up with the gym and with the new food regime.

Having said that I stepped on the scale this evening and got my weight - 238 pounds. So down eight pounds. Which is certainly better than still being at 246 pounds.

Next week's goal - 237 pounds. Like I said, one pound at a time, one week at a time.

Now if you will excuse me, I must now make a sacrifice of thanks to the small alter we've created in the fridge to Karin, our patron goddess of weight loss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Craig! For health reasons (just a minor problem) I started eating less and exercising more around the beginning of November. I aimed to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week and in 11 weeks I've lost 19 pounds. Though I have a ways to go yet to reach a healthy BMI I feel great with what is gone so far. Oh, and that minor health problem has been taken care of.
Keep it up and it'll keep coming off.

Shelley @ shelcor.org

Table Mountains said...

knocked off more than 25 lbs last fall by drinking a lot of water daily with those little crystal light packs added. great tip for stopping hunger pains i used was to go brush my teeth everytime i felt like eating. you don't feel like eating after brushing. my teeth sure are white! : )

towniebastard said...

We only brought up so much toothpaste in the last sealift. If we brush every time we had hunger pains we'd go through it in about a month...