Tuesday, October 31, 2006

End of the scariness

So Cathy survived Halloween with her sanity intact. Nothing like being a teacher of little people on the day of sugar and craziness. Of course, tomorrow might be worse as she has to deal with the kids who will be either wired or coming down off of massive sugar highs.

As for at home, we find its been a quiet Halloween so far (knock on wood). One of the things about living in a secure apartment building is that you don't get much in the way of trick or treaters. I think Cathy is feeling a little guilty about that and is resolving to donate $20 she would have spent on candy to the UNICEF fund.

Oh, a slight bit of paranoia on our part. Given what happened with the car, we thought that a few extra precautions would be in order. So rather than leave the car out front where it might be the target of a sugar-fueled rampaged, we parked in one of the nearby apartment complexes which is better lit and has security. That's fine for this evening, but won't work in the long term. But for tonight, it'll do.

You know, I used to love Halloween a lot more. I hope it's not one of those "I'm getting older" things and is instead just a result of being in a smaller community and not knowing enough people yet. My costume at work this year was kind of lame (dressed in black, threw on a cheap plastic cape and wore the Mickey Mouse hat from Disneyland). I used to have more elaborate costumes. I'd like to do it again, but I guess we shall have to see.

And now I should go off to bed and get some sleep. Need to be well rested to start my epic novel tomorrow.

No comments: