Monday, August 14, 2006

And we're back...

So I'm back after two weeks in the sun in California. We even got sun in San Francisco every day we went into town, which I'm told is exceptionally rare. Disney was....well, I'm still trying to get my mind around that day. And the San Diego Zoo has pretty much spoiled me for any other zoo ever.

The next week or so is probably going to see a lot of posts about observations and stories of our vacation in San Francisco and California. So if that kind of thing is boring, well, I'm sorry but you're just going to have to deal until I get some of that stuff out of my system. But I'll try and make it as entertaining as possible.

Besides, Disneyland....man.

Photos will be up the weekend. Cathy is still in Ottawa until Friday when she is bringing back the dog on Friday. You'll get fresh pictures of the puppy then. Hopefully we'll know what sex the dog is by then.

Oh, and just as a public service announcement for people who might be travelling in the next few days. We left San Francisco on Sunday morning, a couple of days after the U.S. brought in their new travel restrictions. We transferred in Washington D.C. and arrived in Ottawa last night. I flew out of Ottawa to Iqaluit this morning.

And I had very few problems. Security was no problem in San Francisco. In fact, it was mildly entertaining and there was a man belting out instructions in an amusing fashion while you were waiting in line (which moved quickly). We showed up early and got through security so quickly we ended up waiting two hours at the gate.

Same thing in Ottawa this morning. Showed up early and breezed through security. Just make sure you show up a bit early, pay attention to the security restrictions and you should be fine. The only problem we had was that our luggage got lost during the Washington to Ottawa section of the flight. While I would dearly love to curse and blame Air Canada for this, I suspect it had more to do with the beefed up security at Washington. After casually chatting with a few people at the airport apparently lost baggage has been endemic in flights coming from Washington since the security clampdown. So as long as you're not going through there, you should be fine.

I got the luggage back just before boarding the flight to Iqaluit this morning.

Anyway, more weirdness and fun stuff to come in the following days. And while it's good to be back home, it sure was nice to see lots of green and plenty of trees for those two weeks. Good for the soul....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back.