Monday, June 05, 2006

The day before the end of the world...

I would quote REM's "It's the end of the world as we know it", but it clocks in at 4:05, which is neither as fun as 6:66 (well, I guess it would be 7 minutes and 6 seconds), nor does it make it under John Gushue's 3:30 meme.

Still, since we're on the Eve of Destruction (can't find the running time), I figure I would take a look and see how the impending end of the world is coming along, what with tomorrow being June 6, 2006 (666).

1. Who knew there was a word for fear of 666? Apparently there is.

2. It's nice to see that Hell is finding a way of turning a profit on its big day.

3. So far, so good in Australia. Although the thing I find the most amusing about this story is the reaction of witches and Satanist. "Witches across Australia are cheerfully regarding this whole 06/06/06 thing as a load of old cobblers." As it stands, I happen to be friends with a couple of witches, and I'm sure that's their reaction as well.

4. That movie reviewer are going to end up in Hell is pretty much a given (or at least the feverent wish of most people in the movie industry). But you have to wonder if there is a special place waiting for those who trash The Omen...

No comments: