Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hell is other people's music

I'm sitting quietly playing a video game, killing a Saturday afternoon while Cathy is off at a workshop, when through the walls I can hear Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney singing "Say, Say, Say".

The fact that I can remember when this piece of shit song was popular is traumatic, depressing and a further sign that I am getting old. The fact that a man roughly my age would choose to blast this song loud enough for me to hear through a wall is making me want to hide sharp objects.

Oh God, it appears to be Jackson's greatest hits...I'm hearing "Human Nature" now. I swear to God, I'm on the verge of burning a CD with some good music on it and sliding it under his door so maybe he'll play something other than this unrelenting 80s crap every weekend.

Last 5 on iPod
1. Milk, tea and oranges - Spirit of the West (Open Heart Symphony)
2. The man who sold the world - Nirvana (Unplugged)
3. Blacklisted - Neko Case (The Tigers Have Spoken)
4. Until the stars turn blue - The Corrs with Bono
5. Californication - Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Greatest Hits)

No comments: