Wednesday, September 21, 2005

That was fast

Dear lord, I've only returned to blogging a few days and already two other bloggers (that I know of) have written about my return. 'Tis weirdness indeed.

Liam O'Brien, who I tortured for a few weeks while he interned at The Packet says nice things about me on his blog. Although, to be fair, I think Barb actually did most of the torturing. She's good at that kind of thing. Thanks for the kind words and I'll take a look at the guy you recommended in the city council election.

John Gushue also has a few kind words to say as well. Although I have to take some exception where he says that I have "forsaken the fast-paced world of the St. John's media for the, um, fast-paced world of Iqaluit." He insuating that life here isn't fast paced.

Lies, I tell you. Why, just read this article. It's just action packed around here, I tell you. However, since a lot of the people driving cars around here are probably from Newfoundland, you can safely assume that most of them drive like they're marginally sane...just like they do back home.

1 comment:

towniebastard said...

Well, that's depressing. I had several journalists back in St. John's tell me that as soon as the CBC strike is over, I should drop in and see if I could scrounge up some work. They (and there was one or two CBC reporters telling me this) said I should be able to land something no problem even though I'm far more print than radio.

Now I have to wonder if I want to bother if the salary is that bad. I mean, I've resisted some of the jobs here (such as being a "Subway Sandwich Artist") figuring that someone with my skills and education should be able to land a well-paying, professional job.

And I think I can. I'm just going to have to take a long hard look if the CBC is some place that I should bother with.