Sunday, March 13, 2005

Lucas, you bastard

I'm proud that I didn't actually watch the OC on Tursday night just to catch the new Star Wars trailer. Instead, in an epic display of will power, I managed to wait a whopping 24 hours before cranking open bittorrent and downloading it.

If you haven't found it yet, and I haven't seen a website that has the trailer that doesn't require registration first, you might as well go here or here
and download them. Remember bittorrent is your friend.

My reaction? Well, it looks fucking amazing, that's my reaction. But then again, I thought the same thing with the trailers for The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. And I'm not going to say I hated the movies outright. It's just that they were very...mechanical. There was no heart in them, at all. You really needed a Han Solo like character to swing in and take the piss out of everyone ever now and then.

Still, I know I'll be crazy enough to go and see this probably on the opening day. Because I'm a sucker. And because I live in hope that somehow, he can pull it off.

But most probably think he won't. Which is why we have this lovely little bit of mockery. The urination bit is, well, a bit too much. But there is still some funny moments in there. And really, you can never shoot Jar Jar Binks enough.

No comments: